Keeping a clean home can save you hundreds in cleaning costs. You can keep your home clean yourself as opposed to depending on a cleaning service for smaller jobs. It can also help add value to your home and make it easier to sell in the future. Unfortunately, it’s tough to develop habits for a clean home, especially if you’re a first-time homeowner. Fortunately, it’s easy to adopt a morning or evening clean house routine with a bit of practice and dedication.
Research has shown that it takes an average of 66 days to develop a habit. In no time, you’ll be able to develop a simple routine to keep your home looking as clean as the first day you stepped foot into the home. Best of all, by developing these cleaning habits, you can spend only a couple of minutes a day cleaning as opposed to hours on end. Below are some tips you can use to help you get started.
Have a Morning Routine
There’s no better way to develop habits for a clean home than to combine them with existing habits. Here’s a great morning cleaning routine to follow that you can easily combine with your morning routine:
- Make up your bed and steam your sheets. Fluff up your pillows, and adjust your comforters.
- After you prepare your breakfast, wash your dishes or try to limit the use of dishes by prepping finger foods for breakfast.
- Wipe down your counters or kitchen table using a simple, vegan cleaner or a microfiber towel. It’s always a good idea to have cloth handy.
- Rinse your tub and shower with warm water and open any windows to let out steam and prevent mold.
- Spruce up your toilet by scrubbing it and using a toilet cleaner.
- If your bathroom rugs get wet, take them outside to dry off and prevent harsh smells and mildew.
- On your way out of the home, take your trash out so you can come back to a clean kitchen.
Have a Late Afternoon/ Evening Routine
There’s nothing worse than coming home to a dirty house. By using an evening routine you can keep your home looking great with minimal effort.
- Once you get home, put everything in its place. Put your shoes in the shoe rack and toss those dirty clothes in the hamper.
- When you’re cooking your evening meal, clean as you go and wipe down all the counters, and wash dishes as you go.
- Shred and then recycle all spam mail or mail with private information so it doesn’t pile up.
- After dinner, wash the remaining dishes, spruce up your living room, and release your robotic vacuum! Or, take some time to quickly mop and sweep your floors.
Things To Remember
Cleaning your home is a simple process, but there are some things you can do to make it easier on yourself.
1. Always store items in the appropriate area, whether that’s your cleaning supplies, toys, clothes, etc.
2. Clean up after yourself and your children, and start early in teaching them appropriate cleaning habits.
3. Clean every day, even if it’s just 5 minutes. This will save you money when you decide to hire a cleaning service.
Get Extra Help From Cleveland Cleaning Services
If you’re looking for extra hands to keep your home clean, Vegan Cleaning Service in Cleveland can help. Relax and sit back while they use their environmentally-friendly service and do the tough work for you.